Manager of Global Marketing Skincare for bareMinerals
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
About the Role
The Brand Manager, Skincare is responsible for supporting all Global Marketing initiatives for new launches and ongoing business in the Skincare category. This position supports the Global Marketing team, with a focus on Skincare projects, leading the implementation of the new product launch planning process and driving cross-functional collaboration with Product Development, Packaging, Creative, Merchandising, Education, and Communication in the development of cohesive global strategies. The Brand Manager also supports the Director and Vice President of Global Marketing in various brand analyses projects, strategic initiatives and brand communication. Position reports to Director Global Marketing, Complexion and Skincare.
- Leads development of global category strategy and global product pipeline, being responsible for the elaboration of briefs as well as the point person for internal teams
- Develop skincare roadmap including category architecture, product launch process and go-to-market strategy for new launches and core products
- Serve as category expert through ongoing analysis, consumer insights, industry trends, and knowledge of category trends and competition
- Identify white space opportunities based on findings from consumer insights, social listening, CRM data and insights from other industries
- Conduct market and consumer insights research to build business case for new launch concepts
- End-to-end operational responsibility: timelines, product offer, product registrations and reformulations, support plans, etc. ensuring on-time execution
- Lead cross-functional meetings that bring together key stakeholders, create action plans and follows up on plans to meet deliverables
- Develop annual sampling strategy to build awareness and trial of priority sub-categories and hero products
- Conduct annual pricing analysis and recommend new launch price positioning and price increases
- Prepare new launch forecast offerings and presentation decks to support strategic planning and retailer presentations
- Prepare and write press release and online copy (PDP) for new launches in collaboration with key partners
- SVP and VP Global Marketing
- Product Development team
- NPD team
- Creative team
- Global Comms team
- Global Education team
- US/International teams
- Responsible for COGS and profitability analysis
- Develops yearly budget with Director and VP of Global Marketing for all launches
- Bachelor’s degree required, 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in skincare/beauty
- A passionate, energetic team-oriented individual with strong project management, analytical, interpersonal and creative skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills, strategic thinking skills
- Passionate about beauty; relentlessly up-to-date on emerging and future trends
- A strong sense of urgency, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback
- Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams in a fast moving/changing environment
- Ability to build, foster, and nurture strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of cross-functional teams stakeholders
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $85,000-$134,000
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full time positions other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.