Digital Art Director
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we’re a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world’s largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
The Digital Art Director will partner closely with, and report to, the Executive Director of Content. He/she will also be responsible for concepting and executing creative content for 360 campaigns, from collaborative ideation to design development and presentation of creative strategy, through to final execution for application across all digital touchpoints. The Digital Art Director must be a highly creative individual with extremely strong executional skills and experience in managing a team. He/she must be hands-on, flexible, driven, and a team player who embodies the Laura Mercier passion and positive attitude.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Concept & execute creative content for 360 campaigns: photo/video shoots for digital and social, including all pre-and post-production, on-set art direction (both on-model and still life), ensuring the accurate visual expression of campaign launch strategy and brand representation
- Work with ED and Design team on strategy and application of creative content across all digital and social channels: strategic intent in the application of assets, hands-on execution of templates, cropping, new strands, etc.
- Develop strong communication patterns which build relationships and trust with cross-functional partners
- Brand Equity Champion; build and maintain Brand Equity across all digital and social channels.
- Understand key business and strategic objectives and support from a Creative standpoint
- Anticipate needs to quickly identify solutions
- Ensure all work released from the Design Studio meets Creative standards, both conceptually and in execution, and holds true to the brand DNA.
- Inspire the team and encourage a positive and collaborative environment.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Partner closely with the ED, Design team on all points
- Collaborate with all members of the Creative Content team.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, both Global and Regional
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 5-7+ years of work experience, preferably in the agency/beauty/fashion/photo industry, with 2+ years of that experience at a digital designer level.
- BFA or BA degree from a four-year college or university (preferably in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Advertising, or a related field).
- Ability to manage freelancers as necessary
- Must be organized, passionate, collaborative, energetic, positive, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills
- Must be hands-on and able to execute projects independently
- Willingness and ability to be reactive, flexible, and resourceful under tight deadlines
- Must have fashion, photography, beauty, and design experience
- Strong understanding of branding, marketing, advertising, packaging, and digital
- Encyclopedic understanding of social media platforms and products
- Strategic, big-picture thinker with ability to produce highly conceptual work
- Strong sense of visual style — photography, design, typography, graphics, etc. — with an understanding and appreciation of luxury/prestige
- Must have strong understanding of photo process: from concept through to final retouching
- Strong knowledge of animation a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $83,000-133,000.
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full time positions other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.