Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
This position is part of Orveon Technical Innovation Team. Under the supervision of the Technical Innovation Director, the Innovation Chemist is responsible for the execution of internal clinical projects related to all Orveon Brands. This position is critical to the clinical substantiation of claims and the establishment of clinical testing designs for our brands, across the skincare and makeup categories. The primary goal for the Technical Innovation team is to demonstrate product efficacy and support claims including numerical claims and visuals.
Establishes successful partnerships with the various outside testing laboratories to bring clinical initiatives to successful outcomes.
Participates in developing protocols, assists in the execution of studies, reviews data and communicate findings to cross-functional teams.
Works closely with all contract manufacturing authorities and Orveon NPD teams to create samples matrixes, receive and forward testing materials to testing laboratories and final stop to execute testing. Participate in finding the best testing laboratory partner for every project.
Identifies new capabilities, methodologies, process to bring innovation and efficiencies.
Assures all testing is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practices and data integrity principles.
Ability to understand the role of each raw material in the formulation and check each formula proposed claims verses active materials in the formulations is a plus.
Execute clinical projects based on desire claims list.
- Establish clinical testing strategies for each project.
- Participates in development/ set up protocols for internal studies. Carefully read and check each protocol for full claims testing coverage
- Provide the actual issuance of claims test reports in a clear and succinct way. You are not only conducting the testing, but you must analyze and issue the findings that are easily digestible by Marketing teams.
- Contribute to claim brainstorming.
- Be accurate, work rapidly and efficiently.
- PD team
- Regulatory Team
- Outside testing partners
- • Check every proposal and choose the right one based on timing and spending
- • Adhere to company's policies.
- • Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in related fields.
- • Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or related degree preferred.
- • Ability to read and interpret claims reports.
- • Ability to create documents for distribution with all achieved and not achieved claims
- • Intermediate to advance knowledge of MS-Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- • Strong communication and interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization.
- • Able to handle large volumes of work and change priorities as needed.
- • Works independently, requiring little supervisory direction.
- • Takes initiative and self-motivated.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.