Manager of Global Marketing for BUXOM
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
About the Role
The Manager, Global Marketing supports all Global Marketing initiatives across new product innovation and core categories globally for BUXOM. This position is responsible for the day-to-day execution of new product launches, helping to drive cross-functional collaboration with Product Development, Packaging, Creative, Merchandising, Education and regions in the development of cohesive global launches. The Associate Manager also supports the Executive Director & Director of Global Marketing in various brand analyses projects, strategic initiatives and brand communication. Position reports to Director, Global Marketing.
- Leads the development of global brand strategy and global product pipeline, being responsible for the elaboration of briefs as well as the point person for internal teams
- Serves as category expert, utilizing consumer research, CRM data and industry trends to drive insights
- Conducts market and consumer insights research to build business case for new launch concepts and identify white space opportunities
- Prepares new launch forecast bulletins and presentation decks to support strategic planning and retailer presentations
- Prepares copy and artwork briefs and collaborates with key partners on copy needs for packaging and online (PDP)
- Support development of 360 go-to-market plans: deliver agency briefs, coordinate asset needs and contribute to global activation bulletins
- Develop annual sample strategy to build awareness and trial of hero products
- Conduct annual pricing analysis and recommend new launch price positioning and price increases
- Support market-specific needs on new/existing products with registration, forecasting guidance etc
- Issue weekly marketing memo and oversee accuracy of all marketing documentation including innovation calendars, line edits, product assortment, attribute files and global innovation tracker
Executive Director and Director, Global Marketing
Product Development team
Global Comms team
Global Education team
- Bachelor’s degree, 4+ years of marketing experience in beauty/color cosmetics
- A passionate, energetic team-oriented individual with interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking skills, ability to structure presentations
- Strong project management skills, structured, sense of respect of timeline
- Attention to details, ability to work independently, reliable
- Proactive, self-sufficient working style – able to manage up and manage across several teams
- Ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams in a fast moving/changing hybrid work environment
- Needs to be a creative problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once
- A strong sense of urgency and agility, ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of cross-functional team stakeholders
- Software expertise – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $84,000 - $135,000
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full-time positions, other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.