Senior Digital Designer
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
About the Role
The Digital Designer is responsible for developing creative design solutions from concept to final execution that strategically translate and support bareMinerals, Laura Mercier, and Buxom brand strategy in the digital environment. The position will work on existing digital platform requests as well as new projects in development for both US and global. He/she must be highly creative with a strong understanding of the mobile-first digital landscape and proven experience delivering on-brand and on-strategy creative. He/she must be a team player who embodies the Orveon ethos, a positive attitude, and an eagerness to create aesthetic digital designs.
- Maintain weekly website refreshes adhering to existing design templates and brand guidelines
- Design for web assets for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Work closely with the Director of Digital Creative and cross-functional partners to develop projects from concept to completion from creative briefs, for digital first experience. Jobs include but are not limited to: email designs, digital banners, landing pages, paid social and digital advertisements, and more.
- Ensure that all creative work aligns with the brand identity and overall brand strategy.
- Email marketing design: You will create new, innovative and scalable email layouts, templates and aesthetics in partnership with the Email Marketing Team.
- Collaborate with copy team and other designers to concept seasonal messages
- Digital asset design: You will create a wide variety of digital assets to support our marketing strategy. Whether it be social media ads, display banners, or branded GIFs, as the Digital Designer you will create on-brand, on-trend assets.
- Research current trends and creative in digital marketing, with emphasis on mobile
- Retailer.com: Design seasonal banner refreshes supporting new product campaigns for our retailer partners such as Nordstrom, Sephora, Macy's, QVC, and other markets.
- Align with the retail visual team to ensure consistent storytelling and merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree (Graphic Design or similar preferred)
- AfterEffects, and/or motion graphics required
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- UX/UI prototyping programs such as Figma, Adobe XD, and Sketch
- Flexible and results driven. Able to work under pressure and work under rapidly changing conditions. Able to manage, adapt to prioritize multiple projects with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Minimum 5-7+ years of digital agency/design studio experience; beauty, fashion, editorial, digital in-house experience a bonus
- Experience designing animations, e-commerce websites, emails, advertising, or web/digital assets
- Experience in web/digital design with a strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web design and development principles
- Able to implement online marketing best practices optimizing designs for click-throughs, sales, or other desired actions
- Beauty experience a must; understanding of luxury/prestige industry a huge plus
- Able to ideate strong concepts with a demonstrated ability to implement and execute
- Highly organized and flexible and able to think and work beyond the brief
- Superior attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal teams and work well under tight deadlines
- Passionate, energetic, and positive
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $71,000-$115,000.
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full time positions other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.