Manager of Commercial Finance
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
About the Role
This role will be responsible for managing the Commercial Orveon P&L, forecasting and analytics while working closely with the Commercial functional teams and the International Markets. It will ensure sound business analysis of existing products, new product development and investment propositions, driving creation of robust business models and providing transparent reporting of actual business performance. This role will also support the team in developing and implementing the overall brand strategy.
- Partner with Commercial business partners to prepare the Commercial Strategic Plan and financial forecast, coordinating with the Demand side of the business (Sales, Marketing).
- Partner with the US teams and international markets to develop long-term strategic plans for the brands
- Partner with US and international markets to develop budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Provide in-depth financial analysis related to key strategic initiatives (e.g. marketing campaigns), as well as tactical initiatives as determined by the external market.
- Analyze the competitive landscape and develop relevant benchmarks.
- Analyze and communicate monthly financial results to the Commercial Marketing organization.
- Support the development of pricing strategies relevant to the competitive landscape and brand strategy.
- Initiate, lead, and manage projects which will improve current business model and strategies.
- Manage cross-functional relationships and deliver financial analysis for core business activity set and new item development.
- Continuously review and enhance business processes to support current and future Business Unit segment objectives.
- Other projects as requested by management
- A college degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management required.
- 10+ years of financial experience; preferably in the prestige cosmetics industry or CPG. International experience a plus.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills, strong communication ability.
- Knowledge of NetSuite preferred
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Comfort in providing appropriate challenge/pushback and feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively and build positive and effective business partnerships
- Ability to successfully manage change and deal with ambiguous situations
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a fast paced, changing environment
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $70,000 - $111,000.
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full time positions other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.