Manager of Marketing for SEA and Assigned Markets (Maternity Cover)
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
About the Role
The position of Regional Marketing Manager would play an important role in developing the brand equity and be accountable for all brand and product marketing activities in assigned markets in Asia Pacific region:
- Drive and achieve the strategic marketing goals for all Orveon brands in the assigned distributor markets for both brick & mortar and ecommerce channels
- Act as a brand conduit between US global marketing and each distributor market to ensure brand growth, achieve sales budget and long-term brand objectives in each assigned distributor market.
- In consultation with global brand marketing and digital teams and digital, develop assigned marketing development and digital plans for all assigned distributor markets
- Agree with Business Development on most effective use of marketing budget allocated to achieve assigned markets sales and market share targets
- Seek opportunities for the business and realize marketing strategies across all brands given to assigned markets.
- About 50% monthly travel as and when assigned.
- Define new product launch strategy for APAC local and travel retail markets with local distributors, travel retail operators, global trade marketing and digital team
- Work with distributors and travel retail operators (TR) to develop ad hoc launch plan including BTL strategies
- Build and monitor ATL media strategies (digital, social media, outdoor, print…)
- Implement promotional mechanisms and activate communication tools (online and offline) to drive sell-out
- Manage and ensure on budget and on time marketing campaign execution while respecting brand’s equity
- Monitor marketing campaign performance, analysis ROI for each distributor and TR market
- Support distributors / operators in new counter opening providing guideline and / or lead local contractor for new counter project
- Work with distributors / operators to ensure proper in store merchandising implementation for each new launch and provide planogram for day-to-day VM guidance request
- Ensure in-store visibility excellence and counters fixtures aligned with the brands’ guideline
- Work with travel retail operators and local contractors for developing lightboxes / SPP / HPP / inflight listing layouts and lead production of relevant marketing and merchandising tools and materials
- Connect with distributors and travel retail operators to provide guidance for marketing related matters such as marketing calendar, marketing plan, brand guideline and product information… etc.
- Manage and communicate all marketing related forecasts with distributors and TR operators
- Organize and participate to press / consumer events, trade shows, regional seminars, and training workshops
- Work with global trade marketing department and distributors to develop local marketing assets and special programs
- Inform distributors and travel retail operators of regular marketing updates
Analysis and Reporting
- Consolidate monthly launch tracker, business review and marketing activity reports for US global marketing and digital teams
- Consolidate marketing forecasts and A&P
- Analyse business plan and A&P
- Analyse sales performances, launches and provide recommendations of improvements
- Provide market studies and market insight to global marketing to enhance strategic and tactical marketing programs for each market such as competitors report
- Conduct pricing analyst to optimise pricing structure at regional level
- Provide strong support and service to all trade partners
- Global US Marketing and Digital Teams
- Travel Retail Operators
- Media agency, contractor
- Local Market distributors and Travel Retail Operators for Trade Marketing implementation and support
- Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, India (**this list can be adjusted)
- Degree in Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of Marketing experience in Asia. Previous regional APAC experiences a plus
- Understand luxury and attention to details
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of distributor marketing management
- Demonstrate a good understanding of trade marketing and possess strong social/ digital marketing skills
- Good business as well as numerical sense and result oriented,
- Excellent organization, presentation, and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to positively influence internal and external stakeholders
- Essential to be self-motivated with a positive outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Skilled and enjoy working in multi-functional teams
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office
- High proficiency in both English and Chinese
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.