Manager of Product Development for Skincare
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we’re a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world’s largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
About the Role
The Product Development Manager, Skincare is a multi-branded product development leader that independently manages critical portions of the product development process and launches while paying close attention to timeframes, cost, quality, packaging, formula, and product specifications. They set priorities and workflows to meet goals, apply industry knowledge and sources, and independently maintain relationships with outside consultants or vendors. This role contributes to the business strategy using industry and organizational learning to execute through influencing, providing services to others, and prioritizing and delegating work processes to Managers and Team Contributors. In addition, this role contributes deep expertise and extensive skill to recommend strategic actions that maximize efficiency in tandem with the manager or supervisor.
- Develop and successfully launch new products while managing the product development process from concept through completion.
- Provide training, coaching, and guidance to cross-functional members of project teams and staff.
- Begin generating product and innovation concepts and building technology stories.
- Set and communicate work priorities and monitor workflow to align with business goals.
- Ensure a collaborative work environment, emphasizing the value of cross-functional teams.
- Support cross-functional collaboration across business units, regions, or departments within each brand.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and assess new and innovative business solutions.
- Conduct research and analysis to recommend product development strategies based on data-driven metrics.
- Manage relationships with vendors, outside departments, and other external resources to maximize business results.
Key Developmental Experiences
- Work with other teams, including Packaging, NPD, and Operations, to consistently improve and streamline processes.
- Contribute by interpreting crises and developing communication solutions (e.g., compatibility fails and having to work with packaging to resolve; unable to get the wanted applicator; put a product up for claims testing and didn’t go as planned).
- Coach or manage junior team members. Instruct them on the day-to-day aspects of the business and develop their specialized PD skillsets (e.g., how to review texture and color, how to communicate feedback, how to review shades and develop them properly, and how to build presentations and present them successfully).
- Represent team by presenting category-specific knowledge to senior leadership.
- Travel and work on-site to build relationships and deepen knowledge of formula and shade development.
REQ ID: HIRE_175
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $83,000-134,000.
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full time positions other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.