Specialist of Quality
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
- The Quality Specialist position is fully responsible for the hands-on Quality Management, development, and auditing of contract manufacturers, component suppliers, and their products. Will Also manage the master standard approval process Including PDS Inspections
- Assess the level of Quality and cGMP (including GLP) across all contract manufacturers for compliance with company standards, regulatory requirements, and business needs
- Perform Quality System/Process/Product audits of component suppliers and contract manufacturers in a timely manner as needed
- Perform Quality Inspections on the finished product to ensure compliance with product specifications and prevent poor-quality products from ending up on the markets
- Use applied statistics and seven (7) tools of Quality for process/product improvement and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Lead out of specification (OOS) and deviation investigation and follow-up of corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) for any product nonconformance to avoid recurrences
- Liaise between cross-functional departments (R&D, Marketing, QA, PD, Packaging, Planning and Procurement) and CM to ensure all processes for manufacturing a quality product are efficient and enforced. Support Consumer complaints resolutions & Claims
Some travel required as follows:
Local: 25- 50%
Domestic or concurrent territory: 0 - 25% International: 0 - 10%
- Product Development
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in Quality control, Quality Assurance or Consumer Complaint Investigations
- Some Experience in cosmetic or pharma or food packaging with exposure to FDA and cGMP regulations
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Supplier Quality Management
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Able to handle large volumes of work and change priorities as needed
- Works independently, requiring little supervisory direction
- Experience in using QMS system
- BS or BA in Chemistry or related field Desire
In accordance with the Pay Transparency requirements, the following represents a good faith estimate of the compensation range for this position.
At Orveon Global, we carefully consider a wide range of non-discriminatory factors when determining salary. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, education, experience, and qualifications.
The pay range for this position is $75,000-$85,000
The range listed is just one component of Orveon’s total compensation package for employees. For full-time positions other benefits include competitive bonuses, a generous Paid Time Off policy, Medical Benefits, Parental Leave, 401K, Gratis, Hybrid Working Environment, Summer Fridays, and Employee Discounts
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.