Executive of Sales and Education for British Columbia
Orveon is a new kind of beauty company launched in December 2021 as the result of acquiring three unique brands - bareMinerals, BUXOM, and Laura Mercier. With 1,600 employees in 22 countries, we're a truly global business with a presence in all key geographies. Our headquarters are in New York, with additional locations in major cities worldwide. We are backed by Advent International, one of the world's largest and most successful private equity firms, well known for their investments in Lululemon and Olaplex.
We are embarking on a powerful shift: To change how the world thinks about beauty. We are a collective of premium and prestige beauty brands committed to stark honesty, co-creation, and making a sustainable cultural impact. We are looking for the best talent to join us on that journey. Let's face forward together!
About the Brands
- Laura Mercier, the pioneer of the “Flawless Face,” is a world-renowned makeup artist and the innovative force behind the eponymous brand’s iconic products and luxe artistry techniques. She continues to make artistry effortless through her intuitive approach to beauty and philosophy: “What makes you unique makes you beautiful.”
- At bareMinerals, our mission goes beyond makeup. We’re here to help people feel good about themselves and their impact in the world. That’s why we create clean, conscious beauty that’s good to your skin, good for the community and good to the planet.
- At Buxom, we believe in going big, being bold and feeling sexy - and that unapologetic attitude comes through in everything we do. Because here, sensuality is a strength. It's how we move through the world. Our larger-than-life, sensorial beauty stimulates your senses and amplifies what you love most about yourself, so you can feel even sexier in your skin. We live to fuel you with the confidence to go all in - and be 100% yourself, 100% of the time.
About the Role
Provide strategic, operational, and creative leadership to assigned retail accounts. Develop strong relationships with the retail management and staff to achieve sales targets for assigned brands.
Key responsibilities include development and execution of marketing, sales strategies, and events to achieve retail and net sales plans. Implement education strategies for product knowledge and selling techniques. This role incorporates the brands Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals, and Buxom
Sales Planning & Execution
- Achieve net and retail sales targets for assigned brands by account by partnering with retail management, motivating and managing sales staff and implement marketing initiatives
- Maximize profit contribution by increasing sales, managing expenses, and negotiating retailer support.
- Provide exceptional service to assigned store accounts
- Work with store management teams to analyze the retail results and identify opportunities to develop the business to achieve and exceed sales plans
- Conduct seasonal marketing presentations to all accounts
- Plan, execute and participate in special events to create animation and drive sales
- Manage Freelance staffing and T&E budgets for territory
- Conduct formal quarterly business review in key accounts
- Teach in-store Beauty Advisors & Freelance product knowledge, advanced artistry skills and selling behaviors to enable them to achieve and exceed sales and service goals.
- Function as a resource and leader providing product and sales expertise.
Motivating Retailer Beauty Advisors
- Manage, mentor, and develop Beauty Advisors in all assigned stores
- Maximize job satisfaction, increase productivity, and reduce turnover rate
- Provide in-store coaching of business skills, product knowledge and selling techniques
- Strong leadership, analytical, negotiating, and organizational abilities
- Minimum 5 year’s retail sales and makeup artistry experience ideally in the cosmetic industry
- Education or knowledge of makeup artistry
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to all assigned accounts, full-time access to vehicle
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (French/English) ideal for servicing accounts, but not required outside of Quebec
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations
Orveon is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a collective, unifies our shared commitment to “changing beauty for the better." Therefore, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a more robust and creative work environment.